Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Winthrop '09

I think we're past all the mouse chaos around here and for some fun reason, I've got ideas for things I want to post coming out of my brain at a rapid rate. I better get goin'!

I'll begin with a bunch of pictures from our trip to Winthrop.

This year, we tried out a new place for our family to stay the two nights surrounding our time there. I highly recommend these condos to Winthrop-bound families who find they are just not quite fitting in standard hotel type rooms any longer.

Every year we come back with very similar pictures. We spend all day Saturday here at my aunt and uncle's house playing, eating with family and watching the kids have fun in the open spaces.

Here we have some of Mercy and her cousin looking for Demi, the horse...


...and Josiah, looking for Demi...


There's Demi... and Daddy...

Several antlers were found on a walk with Papa Jim! There are still bones of some animal in our car from the hike these guys took... I'm okay with bringing antlers home but what do you do with bones?


Mercy is wearing Not Fuzzy Tigger wrap-style in Pinkie, her blankie. This kept Pinkie from dragging all over the ground and held Tigger close all morning.



Like I said before, we have the same pictures every year but with new kids doing what their siblings have done in years past. This year, it was Josiah's turn to be a horsey rider. And Mercy's turn to bounce and screech maniacally beside him.


During Family Weekend in Winthrop, you can usually find yourself in the presence of some special guests, namely, Pa and Joy, my grandfather and his wife. With Grammy (my mom) and Josiah, they are taking in the sights from their seats.



Most of the adults spend the weekend watching the kids run all over the property.


But some opt for entertaining said kids as well.

Mercy thought hoo-ya-hooping was really fun after watching that guy!



Josiah may have preferred this elephant ride to his horsey ride next to the screaming Mercy.

The boys explore...


A hair braiding session, courtesy of Grammy...


I think my mom and her sisters are cute...


Oooh! Horseballs!

Have you ever played horseballs?!


Well, you can ask me about it sometime. We're almost done with all these pictures...

The Big Boys are lined up to eat with the Hoola Hoop Guy.

More maniacal screeching from Mercy and her cousin on the horseys...



Ah! We've made it to dessert! Grandad and Josiah are sharing cake and ice cream on the deck with Papa Jim.

Gammy Carol gave the kids sprinkles! on their ice cream cones. Those two in the middle are the kids' special Winthrop cousins. We had so much fun with you two!



But now it's bedtime and bottle time for Josiah and Family Weekend is just about over. It's a long drive for just one long day but we have a great time every year.


What? There are no pictures of me? That's right. Just imagine a pregnant lady. I look like that when I'm in Winthrop, too.

3 comments:

Ells said...

Rebecca... you're hilarious. I love all the photo captions and hope that Mercy is still saying hooyahoop when I get to see her next month!

Carla said...

Great pictures! That place looks like so much fun and filled with so much family and love. What great memories for your kids!

Carol said...

Thanks Rebecca for a wonderful memory of our special weekend with all of you. Love, Carol