Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Satisfied

Poor I was, and sought for riches,
Something that would satisfy,
But the dust I gathered round me,
Only mocked my soul's sad cry.

Feeding on the filth around me,
Til my strength was almost gone,
Longed my soul for something better,
Only still to hunger on.

All my life, I had panted
for the drink of some cool spring,
That I hoped would quench the burning
Of the thrist I felt within.

 ***
Halelujah! He has found me! 
The One my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satifies my souls longings,
Through His blood I am now saved.
 ***

Well of water, ever springing,
Bread of life so rich and free,
Untold wealth that never faileth,
My Redeemer is to me.



Clara Tear Williams 1875, Peterson 2004




1 comment:

Gigi said...

Now this is poetry I can get into! Thanks Rebecca. I am inspired to look up more. What a read; had me near tears at the end.